Thursday, September 20, 2007

What matters most in life

"But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord...." Philippians 3:7-8

Life can be so crazy. Lots of things pressing in on us all at once. Vying for our attention, our time, our energies, our days. Forces that attempt to get us so busy...so weary...so frazzled...that we miss what's most important in life. I've been reminded this week that each of us have only one lifetime here on this earth...and it's fleeting. Don't waste it! My prayer is that God and His Son Jesus Christ would become "first in our hearts", so we would begin to zero in on what's most important in this life. Grace and peace to you.

No comments: