The process is under way. I got my final Hep. A & B shots today, my youngest daughter has begun her passport processing (the oldest already has hers), and I picked up the paperwork for my husband to get his updated. The immunization shots are the next step for them. I won't deny that as we venture out on this journey, it's both exciting and scarry at the same time. Great challenges lie ahead. As we've been praying and asking God to provide in every way for this trip...we realize that we'll need to raise close to $10,000 for all of us to be able to go. ($8,000 of it by March 4th in order to purchase the airline tickets). That's only 5 weeks away! While on the surface it may seem impossible, I was reminded that "With God all things are possible". Yesterday I had a chance to speak with an elderly Christian lady...a dear friend of mine...about the opportunities and challenges that lie ahead. She was such an encouragement. She promised to pray and reminded me that if God has called us to this work, He would provide in amazing ways. So...with that being said, we press on and continue this leap of faith. To paraphrase the Steven Curtis Chapman song : "We're diving in, we're going deep, in over our heads we're gonna be (already are!).....so sink or swim, we're diving in!" Thank you in advance for your support, both in prayers and financially...so that together, the 'impossible' might become possible.
Also, many of you have been asking: "When are you going and what will you be doing on your trip?" So, in reponse to your questions, here's the 'tentative' plan and itinerary:
- Wed. July 11th - Depart from USA
- Thurs. July 12th - Arrive in Johannesburg S. Africa/Overnight sleep (we'll need it!)
- Fri. July 13th - Travel to Swaziland/ Visit Manzini Community
- Sat. July 14th - Work projects in Manzini Community
- Sun. July 15th - Worship and Dinner with Manzini Families
- Mon. July 16th -Work projects at El Shaddai Orphanage
- Tues. July 17th - Work projects at El Shaddai Orphanage
- Wed. July 18th -- Cultural village/ Hlane game preserve/Gala dinner
- Thurs. July 19th - Install fencing, plant vegetable gardens at Kuphunga schools
- Fri. July 20th - Complete any unfinished work projects (**Additions: time with the orphans/prayer walk/hospital visits)
- Sat. July 21th - Fly out of Johannesburg
- Sun. July 22 - Arrive home in USA
God bless you as we partner together to make a difference and bring hope to our world.