Thursday, January 11, 2007

Here am I. Send me!

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

It's been almost 1 year since I had the privilege and opportunity of going to Swaziland, Africa for the first time and being a part of an amazing work; one of helping the poor, the widows, orphans, and those suffering from the Aids pandemic. It was so life changing that I called it my "Bloomin' Onion" experience...one where the layers (and blessings) continue to be peeled back. Many of you reading this helped to make that trip a reality as you encouraged, contributed and prayed with me every step of the way. For that I am forever grateful...it couldn't have happened without you. But as I often think back about that trip...one phrase keeps resounding in my heart and mind....said to me by one of the little Swazi children just prior to my return to America....."Don't forget about us". It was at that time that a piece of my heart was left behind for good. Thankfully God has not let me forget. In fact, He has graciously opened the door for me to return this coming summer, July of 2007. But this time, in answer to my heart's cry, I will not be going alone. By God's grace, my husband, 2 daughters, one of their friends from college and about 20 others from our church and community will be going back to Swaziland to continue this very important work. Amazing! Oh...and there's one more that I'm hoping will join us on this journey....YOU! You don't have to 'get on the plane'...but I'm asking that you'd please be in prayer as to how you might join me...as we together step out in faith once again, to make a difference in our world. Thanks so much.

No comments: